Thursday, January 05, 2006

Things just happen all at once to someone like me.
I wait a couple of weeks to hear from the law internship and have to contend with my parents nagging at me to do something other than stay at home. So when I actually take the initiative to call up club21, go for an interview on the same day (mind you I was feeling sick) and am offered a tentative job (with decent pay but rather shiong hours) at CK, I thought that things were actually looking up.
Until I found out from my piano teacher that she can't take me for lessons early Saturday morning so most prob she'll want a weekday. And the thing is that my day offs aren't confirmed. And basically most parts of the job isn't confirmed except my pay...
Until I found out that my law internship contacted me and I can start on 7 Feb after CNY which is perfect but I also only have the internship for 2 weeks. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get paid.
So since my dad kind of gave me an ultimatum that I SHOULD take the internship-basically telling me that I'm useless and picky and lazy since I happen to be sleeping in everyday until 11 which the only reason I'm doing so is because I'm trying to recover from a flu, I'm left wondering if I can still take the job at CK, (provided I sort out all my piano problems), request for leave for 2 weeks and then go back. I don't think so. This kind of thing does not happen to people like me.
And the thing is that while I'm interested to take law, I was actually quite happy to do sales at CK. The world of retail isn't exactly for me but this is higher end brands we're talking about. And I'm beginning to think extremely seriously about making going to UK a reality. To do international relations. Not law.
Okay whatever. I have an internship. I'm grateful for that. Now I have to sort out my club21 problems. Screw this.
I shall wage a cold war with a father incapable of understanding his daughter. Yes, I am being immatured. But I'm sick and tired of this shit.